Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cover your mouth when you sneeze

A couple of weeks ago, one of you (maybe Katie?  I really don't remember...sorry) asked me when I was going to post funny student stories again.  I know I've had some good laughs this year, but I forget about them by the time I get home.  Well, I didn't forget what happened today...

My 9th grade class was working on a project.  This boy came up to me to ask a question, and as I was explaining it, I saw him gearing up for a sneeze.  Then the sneeze came.  Simultaneously, more snot than I've ever seen in one place in my life shot across his shoulder and down his arm.

It was disgusting.

I tried to be the mature adult that I am and pretend I didn't notice.  I was very impressed by the lack of shame from this kid.  He yelled out, "Oh sick! It's everywhere!"  Again, trying to be the mature adult that I am, I turned to another student who was waiting for help.  By then, the rest of the class had noticed and started coming over to look as he wiped himself up with some tissues.

That's when I lost it.

I couldn't stop laughing.

In fact, right now as I type this, I can't stop laughing.

It was all topped off when he asked if I had a washing machine he could borrow.  Or perhaps it was when he said, "Well, I guess that's why we turned our head into our shoulder when we sneeze.  Just think, Miss Lacey...that could have been all over you."

And for that I will be forever grateful.

2 comments:

Katie said...

HAHA! Nasty!

KT said...

That is so so so gross! And that's coming from a nurse!