Saturday, October 19, 2013

5k x 2 = unplanned 10k

A few weeks back, I signed up for a Harry Potter-themed 5k.  I love running.  I love Harry Potter.  What a great combination!

Well earlier this week my roommate asked if I wanted to run her school's Red Ribbon Week 5k this Saturday.  For the third year in a row, I had to turn her down because of another race (last year I was running the SoJo Half and the year before was the Halloween Half).

This morning I headed up to West Jordan for the Potter Run at 8:00.  I can't say it was the best organized 5k.  It seemed like none of the organizers had ever participated in a race.  The course consisted of 4 laps on a sidewalk around a park.  But that's okay...there were all sorts of people dressed up for it, which made for excellent people-watching. :)  You better believe I listened to the HP soundtrack while running. :)

Plus I got a sweet shirt and medal!
After the race, I got right in my car and headed to Annie's school to cheer everyone on at the finish line.  When I got there right at 9, the race hadn't started yet!  So when the race did start...so did I. :)
Did I mention I haven't been running since my half marathon in June?  And I did a double T25 workout yesterday.  Let's just say I'm going to be sore tomorrow (and by that I mean I'm actually sore right now).

1 comments:

KT said...

I am beyond jealous of that medal! It almost makes me want to start running again! I will forever think of you when I think of Harry Potter!