Friday, June 10, 2011
Over Memorial Day weekend, my roommate Annie and I took a little trip to the middle of nowhere. Two summers ago, Annie and I decided we wanted to go to every temple in Utah. It's taken us longer than we thought, but we're almost done! We checked off another one when we went to Monticello.
We left after school on Friday and arrived there late that night. Hotel pickings are slim there, so we stayed at a stinky place that smelled like the old brown trailer that some of our old ranch hands would live back in Drummond. I'm thinking only my family and the Mackay's will appreciate how sick that is! :)
Then we hit Arches National Park for an afternoon of hiking to Double O Arch.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Today was yearbook day! It's easily the easiest, yet boringest (spell check says that is not a word...I submit that it is!) day of the year. I was just glancing through comments kids wrote in my yearbook. In addition to the classic comments like "Thanks for being my teacher!", here are a few of my favorites...
- Eat your vegetables & fruit. They are good for you. --Will
- You're the best! --Jaclyn Bieber (the girl really think she's married to Justin Bieber)
- Sorry I'm loud! --Maddy
- 1 Nephi 2:15 --Jessica
- Lacey, stay sexy. --Anonymous, but definitely a boy
- Hope you love the underwear I made u. --Bailey (she sewed some "underwear" out of scraps the other day. They were too small for her, so she gave them to me...I don't know, either)
- Lacey, Thanks for teaching next to me at school. "It was so out of control!" --Rachel (turns out I say "it was so out of control" a lot, and Rachel calls me out on it :)
- Don't get hit by a bus. --Brandon
- No man is worthy of you, Lacey. You're that good. --Jessica (She's the type that always kept tabs on my love life)