Thanks Sally. :)
Here's how to play: List 3 joys, 3 of your fears, 3 of your goals, 3 current obsessions/collections and 3 random, surprising facts about yourself. At the end of your post, tag more people.
1. Tomorrow is the last day of school!
2. In spite of what I may sometimes say about them, but my students bring me joy. As I type, they are creating outfits with scraps of fabric, and we have a bride, Santa, and a Broncos fan...they crack me up!
3. My family...parents, siblings, nieces, nephews, crazy distant relatives (I'm kidding...mostly), ALL of them! Though we may be far apart in both distance and age, we are still close! They all make me oh so happy!
1. An uncovered window when it's dark outside! I am always scared that someone will be looking in at me. I think it stems from a time when I was little and heard something out my bedroom window. I looked out my window and there was a big, black bull right there! Freaky! :)
2. Someone will break into my car again :)
3. My husband died in the war in heaven. :) I'm kidding! That's what Kristy used to say before she got married, and I've recently adopted it :)
1. Make it through tomorrow :)
2. Finish the several quilts I have started in the past few years.
3. Buy a car!
3 Current Obsessions / Collections
1. Hiking!!! Winter was really really long, and all I want to do is go hiking outside! I'm going to Jackson Hole this weekend to fulfill this obsession! :)
2. American Idol. I know it's over, but I LOVE American Idol! I cancel everything in order to watch. I was so torn this year between the Davids, and I really didn't care who would win in the long run. I love both!
3. Harry Potter. I love Harry Potter. I've read through all 7 books a few times in the past year, and I am currently resisting the urge to start them again. Though knowing me, I'll read them again this summer!
3 Random Facts
1. I share a birthday with Harry Potter (hence the obsession) :)
2. I get to teach a foods/nutrition class last year at school...only one class for one semester. All that work for a one time thing. :)
3. I love chips and fresh salsa! So good! (I couldn't think of any other random facts about me that ya'll don't know...I'm kind of boring)
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Thanks Sally. :)
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
So turns out the thief has a soft spot. I said in my last post that they took my tool kit. Well it looks like they used it to remove the stereo, then kindly returned the kit to the back seat. Isn't that nice? The police officer who came to look at my car got a good laugh out of them when I told him. He said, "Yeah, sometimes these people aren't all that smart. Those tools were probably worth more than the stereo." :)
Also in the world of good news, I still have my MoTab CD! I had forgotten that I brought it inside on Sunday to listen to it. Tender mercies! :)
I am writing this letter to ask WHY? Why did you break into my car last night? Why did you take my stereo? Why did you get into my glove box and throw everything out in a mess? Why did you then proceed to get into my trunk and take the tool kit, gas can, and half a bottle of motor oil. And why oh why did you take my Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD? Honestly, can you feel good about that? That's really sad for you.
It's also sad for me that I get to drive around with an ugly hole in my car where the stereo used to be. It's sad that now when my roommate asks, "Can I borrow your screw driver?" I will have to say, "No, someone stole it!" It's sad that I was going to try to sell my car next week, but now no one will want to buy it since there is no stereo. It's sad that I live in a world where I can't trust anyone.
But I also want to thank you. Thank you for not taking the Rascal Flatts CD that Carie gave to me. Thank you for not breaking any windows. Thank you for letting me have a bad morning so I could get a sympathy donut from Heather at work...it was cream filled and delicious. Thank you for giving me gift ideas so when my mom asks, "What do you want for Christmas?" I can actually have an answer and say, "A tool kit."
Overall, I am very disappointed in you. I can get over this, and I hope that someday you will too...and preferably give my stuff back.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
This is a letter student wrote for me. Before Christmas she asked what I was asking Santa for for Christmas. I told her I didn't have time to write a letter to him, so she wrote one for me. My kids are hilarious (especially since I only have 4 more days until summer break!) :)