Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The good and bad of being sick for 5 days...

Good:
-I've lost 8 pounds since Friday. A friend pointed out a quote from The Devil Wears Prada..."I'm only one stomach flu away from my goal weight."
-Maybe being sick changed my hair color.  I've had so many students ask me today if I colored my hair.  It does look a little more red today.
-All of my sisters and my mom called me within a 24 hour window.  I love my family.
-My roommates were really nice to me. They went to the store for me, and Annie drove me to to my school on Sunday night to get sub plans ready.
-A lot of people brought stuff to me and called/texted me to see how I was doing.  I feel loved
-I got to watch a lot of Lost.
-I read a lot.
-I got to sleep a lot.  I like to sleep.
-I'm on a 3 day work week right now.

Bad:
-I don't like going to the doctor.  I don't really have a primary physician.  I went to the instacare...what a joy.
-I don't like feeling awful.  Especially when I have no control.
-I hate writing sub plans. I'd rather go to school sick than write them (hence the reason I'm here today)
-I missed out on so many great things...Annie's talk at church, mix & mingle, movie night, FHE, etc.
-There are some other details that I sure won't tell you on here. :)
-Not knowing what's wrong with you.  The lab results are supposed to be in tomorrow...so we'll see!  They said it's not the flu, so I'm not contagious or anything.
-I got tired of sugary things...mainly Gatorade/Powerade and things like applesauce.  I know it's important to keep yourself hydrated, but I can only handle so much sugar!  It was heaven when my roommates brought home chicken broth and saltines. Mmm!

Thanks to everyone who has been so nice to me...especially my roommates who have been putting up with me.  You're really nice!!!  I don't ever want you guys to get sick, but I hope I can take as good care of you as you did to me!

3 comments:

Heather Whitworth said...

Shannon, I'm so so sorry you have been feeling sick. I didn't even know or I would have brought you some chicken broth or something that made you feel better. I love you and totally agree with you when you say you would rather work sick than plan a stupid sub-plan.

Katie said...

Sad! I'm sorry you've been sick. Good thing you have awesome roommates. And good luck figuring out what it is. That's always the worst.

Cristi said...

Dang! Hope you get better soon! If you're well enough are you thinking of coming to Rich and Joanne's for conference on Sunday? It'd be so fun to see you!