Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, Carie!!!

I have to give a shout-out to my friend Carie Eastman!

It's her birthday today!!!

And since she apparently checks my blog daily to see if I wrote anything new, I figured I would dedicate an entire post to her! Congratulations!

Carie and I met long, long ago (2002) in the land of the orange blob (a.k.a. the BYU Comprehensive Clinic in the Taylor Building at BYU. Everything in the building was orange, hence the "orange blob") Carie and I worked together and often had nothing to do, so we would chat on the phone, in person, and through thousands and thousands of emails (not exaggerated. I checked) Carie was usually the one who got to listen to me "vent" about stupid things or just hear what is going through my mind (which is frightening sometimes...I can't believe she's still my friend!)

So if you ever want to know anything about me (pet peeves, who I'm in love with, what scares me, if I'm really happy or just faking it, favorite stupid movie quotes, etc.), Carie is the one you should ask! She remembers more about me than I usually do.

Thanks for being such an awesome friend, Carie!

Check your email, Carie...I'm sending you a nice, long one like the olden days of working at the clinic when we had absolutely nothing to do. It's a really long email, but trust me...it's a good one!

4 comments:

Carie said...

You just made my entire birthday! I'm crying! :) Thanks Shandiggity, I mean Shannon QLMJ Lacey. You are the best ever (really)!!

Carie said...

PS I think that is one of the only normal pictures of us. :)

Shannon said...

haha...that's why I put it. I was using my work computer and didn't have any other pictures of us than what I could find on my blog. The only other ones I could find were really bad, and I figured for your birthday I wouldn't post scary pictures :)

Tammy said...

So, Shannon, what's Carie's phone number? I want to "get to know" you (Shannon) better! ;) Just kidding, but Carie, if you ever have anything you'd like to share, I'd love to hear it!